Explanation of Home made Instrument : BONGO!!!
Task: Create instructions on how you will make your instrument including the materials needed, step by step instructions on what to do, and explanation as to how the sound is made.
This doc is a really rough outline for setting out your writing. You should use images and even video where appropriate.
A cardboard cup, a balloon and a rubber band.
Instructions for Home made Instrument:
- First you get a cardboard cup or a tin can
- Then get a balloon and cut the top off
- Get the cup and the top bit of the balloon
- Spread the balloon out on top of the cup
- And then get a rubber band and put it around the cup and make sure it holds the balloon bit so it doesn't come off
- Then pull the balloon bit gently and it will make a loud sound
Explanation of how sound is created:
I’m going to explain how to make a home made instrument called a bongo and how it makes sound.
To make a bongo you will need a cardboard cup or a tin can and a rubber band and a balloon. Get the balloon and cut the top bit off and spread it on top of the cup. After that get the rubber band and put it around the cup and make sure it holds the balloon and it won’t come off. Then you've made a bongo.
If you pull the balloon bit gently and it makes a loud sound. If you use a big balloon the sound will sound normal. But if you use a small balloon the pitch will go higher.
I made this instrument because its really simple! Its also easy to carry around and very easy to find the things to make it with. Its just a rubber band, balloon and a tin can!
So If you find a tin can or a cardboard cup and have these materials then you can make a bongo. Its simple, so try it!